Monday 29 December 2014

The final post of 2014

Greetings All,

As I write this final post of 2014 I find myself looking at the calendar and realising that there is only 2 days left.

This year has been like so many in the past, and has flown by so fast that I'm stunned to be reflecting and looking forward.

1 year ago when I wrote my post "The year comes to a close" I had so many anticipations for what 2014 would bring.  I had just completed a very eventful year and Capemedia was on the up.  I remember pledging to do more blogs, more Facebook and Twitter updates and keep people updated with where Capemedia was going.  Now I feel a little naïve looking back on this post.

2014 wasn't the building block I had hoped for!  2014 was both challenging and frustrating!

Sadly early on in the year my paying clients began to dry up and by the middle of the year I was scrambling around trying to get new work in.  This trend has continued through the remainder of the year and now I need to re-think the future of Capemedia as a limited company.

Due to my focus being in the paid work, most of my creative work suffered.  Not a single project got released.  The only video I managed to upload was my "Happy Demo Reel 2014" but sadly this was jumped upon by YouTube due to me using "Happy" by Pharrell Williams.  The video will not play and has been removed!

I'm seriously thinking of moving away from YouTube due to the licencing issues and the way you have to raise a dispute even if you have been wrongly accused.

Other then this video, I did release two trailers.  The first was for the Pinhead competition but again I got everything in place and then ran out of time.  Running out of time was an issue that plagued me the whole of 2014.  The second trailer was for "United Alliance", this was even played at the premiere of the "Trinket"



United Alliance has been in the creation process now coming up to 2 years and I'm running out of steam with it.  It so sad to think that I'm thinking this way but you can only be knocked down so many times before you take a rest before getting to your feet again.

Fortunately The year ended on a good note with me being asked to beta test the new iClone 6 that Reallusion have recently released.  It is an amazing piece of software and unbelievably powerful, more powerful then my PC can handle and a major upgrade will be needed in 2015.

This is my showcase of the software:-




So what now, where do I go from here?

I'm not really sure!  But it will be 10 years since Capemedia came into existence and I need to do something special.

 
Maybe I'll start a crowd funding campaign and finally raise the money to make my first professional animated short, take 3 months off work and create my dream....who knows

In ending, I would like to thank my wife and family for putting up with me and supporting me as always.  Also the people who have taken the time to read this blog, thank you.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year and I think it's only fitting to close with a song I wrote about 4 years ago but it seems quite poignant now.

I leave you with "Hope" sung by my daughter Catherine Cooper:-



Take care

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment